Activation------Exercise!

From listening to podcasts, reading all things ADHD and from my own experience it is pretty clear that exercise has a HUGE impact on managing ADHD.

My whole life I have been on team sports; ringuette, soccer and softball. I would not take that back for anything in the world. I love team sports and I truly believe that they have played a large role in forming the person that I am today. The amount of amazing friendships that I have made with genuine, down to earth people is irreplaceable!

That said, I have not developed any sort of self-motivation this way. Going to the gym is hard for me. Going out for a simple, leisurely bike ride is something that I am not able to get myself to do. These are things that I now need and crave. I NEED exercise everyday. My brain needs exercise to function to its full capacity/capability.

How do I make exercise interesting?! I need to find something that I can get myself to do everyday.

I envy my friend/ex. He could get up in the morning, go to the gym or go for a swim and I would still be sleeping by the time that he came back home. At the time I thought he was crazy. What kind of person decides to wake up this early and GO TO THE GYM?! That's like torture. Now I envy him. How can I get myself to do that? I need to learn to give myself a head start for the day. When I do exercise first thing in the morning I feel like I am taking a huge leap in the right direction. I have given myself a huge advantage. I can now focus super intently on whatever I would like. All of the running thoughts and emotions are silenced. I can take a deep breath and conquer my day!

Wouldn't it be nice if I can do that everyday?! How do you do it? What tricks do you have to get yourself exercising everyday?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skills not pills

She's Not Just A Pretty Face

Addicted to your phone? Use it to your advantage! 10 Apps I actually use to help with my ADHD & Anxiety

5 Things I Learnt from my Doctor Visit

The 3 stages of information overwhelm

You are exaggerating or overreacting

I'm not tired, I'm bored!