For Better or For Worse

Ever since my diagnosis I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. Well, lets be honest - I have always been on an emotional rollercoaster. The difference is that the rollercoaster now has a bigger drop.
Initially, the diagnosis was amazing. Wow! I have this "disorder" that can explain why I have felt so different my entire life. Now I'm like "ok, what do I do with this?!".

For Better

1. All the projects that I have wanted to tackle - I am beginning to tackle.

2. Discovering that I have a lot of "bottled up" energy and I need to harness it and direct that energy constructively.


 a) I have been trying my best to get up everyday and exercise first thing before I make excuses not to.

 b) Whenever I am sitting somewhere and I feel that my brain is flying all over the place, I try my best to use that energy positively. "OK, I am anxious about this. Well, how do I solve that anxiety and use the anxious energy to solve it"  

3. Exaggerating or Overreacting 

This doesn't sound like a huge one but it has been. Since I wrote the blog, "Your are Exaggerating or Overeacting" one of my friends commented:
"Good to keep in mind the line between exageration and enthusiasm! One being a very positive trait that shows geuine attention and the other at times being an interpretation of your feelings by someone else. 
One form of exageration that can be detrimental is terms such as; always, everyone, never, or other words that leave no alternative, because there is always an exception.Good post, good thoughts [:"

From that comment I really started to pay attention to see if I use the following words:

Always
Everyone
Never
I have also added one that I realize that I use:
The worst

Whenever I catch myself using these words I stop myself and rephrase. "No, she isn't the worst. She is making a few mistakes, I'm sure she is trying her best." Stopping myself and rephrasing has been extremely helpful! Do you have any exaggeration no-no words?? Please comment below, I would love to hear them!! 

4. I am not stupid, I have ADHD.

5. Blood sugar drops
I know that eating regular snacks and meals all day long is what I need to do. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of work to eat and prepare yourself that much food! I am working on it - at least I know the cause!

For Worse 

My emotions are like a rollercoaster that gets hit by a tornado. I can be crying one minute, laughing the next. Watching my exaggeration tendencies have helped with this but I still have a lot of work to do.

Self Esteem. This is shot. I feel a huge relief because without even realizing I have spent my life trying to be what others wanted me to be. Now I have to really figure out who I am and who I want to be without allowing others to guide me there.

**side note. I am a huge people pleaser. I am working my way in the "Alyssa first" direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skills not pills

Addicted to your phone? Use it to your advantage! 10 Apps I actually use to help with my ADHD & Anxiety

5 Things I Learnt from my Doctor Visit

Abnormal Me

You are exaggerating or overreacting

Habits

Dyscalculia