Chat with an Amazing Person/Coach!

I really love meeting with people that are on the same wavelength as me. Lately I feel like it's been happening a lot and it's amazing! Today I met with Monica Karam, who is a spirituality and clarity coach!

Here are some of the take-home messages I got from our talk:

My life GPS. These are basically my 5 core beliefs. Every time I am going to do anything I need to stop and ask myself does this "thing" reach all of the pit stops or attractions that I want to hit along my route, along my journey? It can also be seen as an adventure which is much more exciting because life is an adventure!

When I go on this adventure, I will bring my GPS and I will make sure that I am hitting all of my pit stops.



This is my road called Emotional Health; all of these pit stops will help me to obtain my end goal of self-expression. I will be true to who I am! <3

1- Self Care.
I have already written a blog post about this so I'm going to save us all the boredom of repeating myself!

2- Creativity.
This is what gets me going; creating gives me my dopamine hit to get things done! If there is a creative piece in whatever task I need to complete, I will get 'er done! Example: I created the picture above to help me to remember my pit stops for my adventures! As long as I hit all of these pit stops, my core values will be met and I will be happy.

3- Honesty
I don't really know why honesty speaks to me so strongly. I just think that it is important to know that whoever you are having a conversation with and whoever is in your life is honest with you, and more importantly, themselves. I don't think I have a bigger pet peeve than trying to guess if someone is telling me the truth. I have no patience for that and I can also drive myself insane trying to figure out if peoples intentions are genuine and truthful.

4- Nature
I don't know about you, but when I am outdoors breathing in fresh air and being sun (or lately wind) kissed, I can't be happier! I get nature high! Same goes for walking barefoot in the grass! I could go on and on describing how much I love being outdoors and enjoying nature but I think that you get the idea!

5- Harmony
So, I chose "avoidance of conflict" for my last pit stop. It is super important to point out that this is a negative statement. I had to figure out how that I would flip this statement positively. What better way to do that than the internet! I typed avoidance of conflict antonym into google. No hits. Quelle surprise. How else could I find a positive way to spin it? I decided to read an article on how to avoid conflict. The end result: productive confrontation to achieve consensus. BINGO! As I was typing out "productive confrontation to achieve consensus" I realized that it was much too long. Now what? Just use the word consensus? I didn't really like the word consensus. Back to google. What is a synonym for consensus. Andddd voila! There was harmony :) Harmony is my 5th pitstop because I know that it will be my toughest to fulfill. I have a lot of conflict internally and externally. It will still be a part of my journey and I will refer to it on every adventure. I will just try my best not to put too much pressure on myself to have it completed.

The ultimate achievement will be what's floating above the road, right beside the beaming sun; self-expression! The moment that I will be able to express myself in the way that I feel no matter who I am speaking with, I know that I will be completely content with myself and I will have successfully mastered all of the pit stops!

What are your key GPS words to help you make it from point a to point z on your life journey? Let me know, and I will refer you to the coach, Monica Karam, who helped me create my personal GPS! These words should almost jump out and pull you onto your path. I would not have been able to do this by myself. It was through our conversation that I was really able to see what was aching inside of me and figure out what I really need to be content.

This really ties into my blog post the other day She's Not Just A Pretty Face where I talked about Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria and the self-talk that gets in our way. I created this picture to have a visual cue as to how harmful these thoughts can be and the dead-end road that they will lead you on.

Some other things that we talked about:
  • Set an intention for everything you do; there is a large difference between expectations and intentions. Expectations will set you up for hurt, conflict and confusion. If you set an intention it leaves a lot of room for bumps and u-turns. Where on the other hand, expectations is a straight road to pain because things will rarely go as planned. You will hit a wall like the picture above.
  • You become the 5 people that you hang out with; take a second and think about the feeling that you had the last time that you spent your time with a certain someone. How did you feel when you left?
  • I AM THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF. Only we can help ourselves, we need to trust ourselves.
  • Stop putting so much pressure on yourself.
  • Other peoples reactions are not always about you.
  • Learn how to create a bubble around yourself to protect yourself form others negative energy.
  • We dabbed a little bit into chakras and color therapy, that will be another blog post! If this is something that interests you, check out Monica's blog post
I am super excited to put my life GPS with my 5 pit stops into practice! :D It's so nice to feel like I know who I am, and to have a way to be true to myself. 

I would love to hear what you think your pit stops are!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skills not pills

Addicted to your phone? Use it to your advantage! 10 Apps I actually use to help with my ADHD & Anxiety

5 Things I Learnt from my Doctor Visit

Abnormal Me

You are exaggerating or overreacting

Habits

Dyscalculia